Saturday, May 20, 2017

Clean Food Find: Hot Sauce

Our family went out to lunch on Mother's Day to a Mexican restaurant. We were six days in to our Whole30 so we tried to choose as Whole30 compliant foods as possible. My husband chose fajitas which came with a side salad. We didn't have the forethought to bring our own Whole30 compliant dressing with us at this point, so my husband reached for a bottle of hot sauce. (He really likes spicy hot food!) Before he can open the bottle, I ask, "Is it clean?" He reads the back label out loud and when he gets to the words that are hard to pronounce, I shake my head. He puts the bottle back and scowls at me. "But what am I supposed to put on this salad? It's not much, just a little bit."  I replied, "Well if we're not going to follow the Whole30 rules, then I'm having a beer." One further scowl and then he put salt and pepper on the salad. I think he tried to make an honest effort not to scowl at me further because it was Mother's Day after all.

While putting hot sauce on a salad is not something I would ever do, I do have sympathy for his plight. So it made my day when I found a bottle of Whole30 compliant hot sauce at O'Brien's Market on Dale and Pelandale in Modesto. Made by Arizona Pepper's Organic Harvest Foods, the ingredients are: organic red ripened jalapeno peppers, organic ripened habenero peppers, organic vinegar, sea salt, organic apple cider vinegar. 

I hope this makes his day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment